Getting IATF 16949 Certified in Dayton, Ohio (OH)
The first version of IATF 16949 was released in October 2016 by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF), which helps to create premium goods for the global automobile industry.
IATF 16949:2016 eliminates the obsolete ISO / TS 16949 by setting an upgraded quality management system (QMS) benchmark on the car market.IATF 16949 reflects on the QMS specifications for the vehicle, utility, or component manufacturing. For the automotive industry, the updated standardized structure includes comprehensive as well as applicable customer-centric requirements and related tools. It meets ISO 9001 because of its framework, requirements, and structure.
Audit Scheme for Corporates
Organizations that transition to the IATF 16949 will benefit from the certification of corporate audit schemes that are permitted under the latest standard which can be implemented if multiple production sites could be audited jointly. A corporate auditing scheme enables the centralization of a QMS through regular and consistent internal audits on all sites. With your company moving onto a corporate auditing system, it will enhance the monitoring and auditing process, allowing for more effective auditing and costing, as well as time spent on each site over the 3-year cycle of the audit.
IATF 16949 certification benefits
- Certification IATF 16949 helps to ensure your organization has:
- Consistent quality for its products and services
- Reduce variability and wastage in the supply chain
- Preventing defects
By adopting IATF 16949:2016 you can show that the company follows the highest level of safety, and cost-effectiveness in automotive manufacturing and operation. Certification would encourage you to continuously progress while retaining a competitive edge.
What it will cost to get IATF 16949 certified
Certification bodies (ISO Pros being one) have guidelines that must be followed from accreditation boards. The International Accreditation Forum (IAF), an accreditation agency, provides guidelines for the qualification examination dependent on the number of days. Moreover, the amount of days that an investigation typically requires depends on the organization’s scale.
All costs are usually split into Stage 1 Audit; Stage 2 Approval Audit, and Surveillance Audit.
Registrars differ in terms of cost, by a number of factors. Be sure you grasp those criteria when choosing a Registrar.
When finding a Registrar (Certification Body) consider the following:
- Testimonials – does the registrar have good feedback from their existing clients? Maintaining your Certificate represents a long-term commitment. Check the registrar ‘s clients-to contact them directly.
- Quality auditor – this is the most important factor for the success of your Certification Audit. A good auditor adds value to your organization’s efficiency and operation-plus you get the certification.
- Contract – Some registrars demand that a document be signed and has cancellation fees if it is broken.
- Customer service – it begins with a quote and then a follow-up. Contact registrar customers again here to understand the Registrar’s operations.
Contact ISO Pros today for your certification requirements
An effective quality management system that meets the requirements of the IATF 16949 standard must be implemented for certification. ISO Pros is an approved agency regulated by a third party. Within IATF 16949, we offer many certification services.